Saturday, November 13, 2010

疲れた - Tired

Feeling a little sick and just feeling sluggish overall. Gonna try to do stuff to keep myself from getting too bored, but I'm also planning to get a lot of work done, so that I have more time for play once V comes back.

Saw this guy in Odakyu by Shinjuku Station. He appeared to be trimming his Five-o-clock shadow before a hot date. He wasn't gonna be embarassed about shaving next to Chanel, so I wasn't embarassed about taking this picture. I kinda like his shoes.

Dinner was TGI Fridays, on a Saturday, in Roppongi. Met up with Diana, Izumi, Miwa, Kyoko, and new friend Cathy for some transplanted American food. TGI Fridays is pretty much exactly the same in Tokyo as it is in the US only 2-3 times pricier. The drink menu is similar to most of the bars in Japan with the addition of mojitos, margaritas, and the like. Actually, I was able to order my first Guinness there, but after that Diana and I just split a pitcher of beer.

Like I said, the food is pretty typical. Cathy didn't arrive until later, so we ordered two appetizers, a salad, a steak, and a burger and couldn't finish it all. Eating with girls is a difficult task. I thought we might run out of food, but I was totally wrong. Not that I'm a big eater myself, but I'm pretty sure I ate the most out of everyone there.

My Japanese is pretty limited, and I'm kinda at the point where putting in the effort is getting difficult. I'm super awesome at talking in English, but at dinner, Kyoko was telling a story about one of her coworkers who pisses everyone off. I was phasing in and out of the conversation and at a certain point I totally stopped trying to figure out what was being said. Sorry Kyoko! That's kind of how I feel about Japanese right now though...tired.

Diana is the type of person who can be very easily goaded into taking a shot. She loves Patron and was eying this Patron XO Cafe, so it didn't take much to put her over the edge. It went pretty much like this:

Me: Wanna do a shot?
Diana: Really? Let's do it!

There were plans to go out afterward, but I bailed due to extreme fatigue. Right before that though Miwa and Izumi totally got suckered into hitting up a bar by this decent looking 22 year old. I kind of wanted to stay out, but it turned out to be a good idea as I started to feel a little ill on my way home. Guess I'm still not over whatever disease I have.

When I left the apartment to go to Roppongi, I got to Shinjuku Station and realized I didn't know what trains to take there. So, I ended up taking a sort of round about route. On my way back, I took the Oedo line which goes straight between Roppongi and Shinjuku. One thing I've realized though is that the Metro runs a lot less often than the JR lines once it gets late at night. I suppose this makes sense, but under certain conditions I may consider just taking the Yamanote instead of waiting half an hour for the train and transfers...

I'm going to try to get some of my papers and projects that aren't due until January done this week. That way, V can come back and we can play to our hearts' content. Yay. I also bought more mikan and I think they're getting much more sweet and delicious. The season must be hitting it's peak. Also yay.

1 comment:

  1. Was the Patron XO Cafe any good? I was considering getting a bottle to try some.

    ReplyDelete