Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Japanese Hooters are...

Different from American ones.  Duh.  One of these days, I'm going to have to write a post fully drunk.  I'm curious to see what sort of creative verse pours from my fingertips, but today I'm only two beers in and feeling quite vanilla.

In the meantime, I finally got around to refixing my bike.  Now I can bike around with nooo worries.  Also my disease has nearly passed.  Of course, being sick doesn't hold me back though.  Especially today when all of these crazy plans fell into place.

After class, a few of us went to the University Co-op to try to get a rental car; then I hit the gym with Casey.  He attempted to put me through the 300 workout, which I couldn't handle at all being a recovering patient...and weaksauce.  After lifting, I got on my bike and Lance Armstrong-ed it back home.  Picked up a couple of items and then headed to Mita for some basketball.

I was super excited about playing some ball.  It had been ages since I touched a basketball, and I was raring to go.  It was also really bad.  I was so incredibly rusty, and my performance can be described by the gratuitous use of my new favorite vocabulary word, ambisinister.  "Ambisinister."  It's just fun to say and a great way to insult someone while totally confusing them yet not sounding mean-spirited.  For those at dinner on tonight, this is the word I was talking about by the way.  Look it up.

Dinner was at the first Hooter's in Japan, which opened up a few months ago.  The mastermind to these tasteless outings are the girls...I swear.  I have no interest in this kind of stuff.  I mean they interest me, but I don't like to draw too much attention to....

Dinner was at Hooter's.  Tastes about the same as what I remember.  I've only ever been once or twice, and I can't even make the excuse that the wings are good because I don't especially enjoy them that much.  Dinner at these American establishments always come out to cost much more than you would expect.  TGIF was the same way and I'd totally rather spend my money at an awesome izakaya or something.


I had this one episode with the waitress who was wondering if she wanted us to clear the table, and so I asked her to take my plate.  She told me that some more dishes were coming out, and she could bring me a new plate.  I told her that's fine, just take my plate.  She asked if I was sure.  I told her I was actually done eating and didn't need my plate anymore.  So I'm over on the end of the table having this unnecessarily long conversation with a Hooter's waitress, and Diana and Izumi are over on the end giggling over how I'm chatting up a Hooter's girl. 

Before we left, Izumi and Kyoko did a quick audition with our Hooter's girl.


I'm not sure if Kyoko understands the point of Hooter's.

Verdict: Japanese Hooter's are more modest...and authentic.  I kinda think our girl wasn't actually Japanese though.

Tomorrow is my day to actually get some work done.  My stupid intensive week-long class has an exam worth 50% of the grade on the third day.  meh

No comments:

Post a Comment