Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prospect Axe!

Good news from Tokyo, I can actually begin the application process for our apartment in the awesome Nishi-Shinjuku apartment complex known as Prospect Axe. We didn't actually find out what it was called until later; we were in fact drawn to the unit because of the location and amenities. I've posted a link for a comparable unit below, so you can check out the cramped space I'll be occupying for the next six months.

http://apartments.gaijinpot.com/rentals/view/15435/1K-Mansion-in-Shinjuku-ku-Tokyo

If everything goes well, we should be able to move into the Prospect Axe when we arrive in Japan on the 7th. V and I are super excited. Typhoon update: it's not just one typhoon. There are actually three in the vicinity. We won't actually be hit by any of them, but it's so ugly outside. Basically it was extremely unpleasant to leave the house let alone the room...so we didn't.

I wanted to practice some kanji for my language exam and found this website:

http://www.realkanji.com/

One of the sources it uses for its kanji is the Genki series by the Japan Times. My Japanese course at Cornell skipped the elementary text and used the intermediate text later, but I needed something to review. This is a very popular textbook, and after skimming it, I would recommend it. I'm not overly ashamed to say that I found the entire text with workbooks and cd's in a torrent. Awesome.

P.S. If anyone ever needs a realtor in Tokyo, I highly recommend Flat-Japan. You know, if you need an apartment in Tokyo, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment